Monday, September 25, 2006

1 Timothy 2

A devotion is long overdue. I have been delinquent this weekend.

And if you ask why I did not post a verse today, it is because I decided to cover all of chapter 2, although I focus on certain parts more than others.

And here is 1 Timothy 2, as per request. It is in ESV because this is the preferred version of the requestee. For all others, there is a nifty little drop box that allows you to change the version with ease. Isn't Biblegateway just lovely?

1 Timothy 2 is interesting in nature. It starts off one way, and ends in another... and yet as I think about this structure, is it actually that strange? Paul begins by urging that we pray, intercess and make thanks for everyone, for kings, those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness (more on this later) and then moves on to talk about God desiring all men to be saved. Then he moves in to talking about the behaviour of men and women, in what I see to be the way he wishes them to act in the context of a prayer/worship setting.

(pause, I'm going to have to finish this later. Right now my mind isn't really into focusing on this, I'm going to flip to the Psalms and read some words of worship. My mind and spirit is really drained, but I'll talk about that in the next post.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home